Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe
Saturday : Exposition and Confessions. 4.15–4.45. pm.
Sunday : Exposition of Blessed Sacrament. Interceding for the Church throughout the world, for world peace, for our country especially at this time of a general election, for our families and friends, for deceased relatives and loved ones 5–6 pm
Next Saturday : Solemnity of St Andrew. Patron of Scotland.
Census taken of numbers attending Mass in Holy Family last weekend ( 16/17 November )
Saturday Vigil : 71. Sunday Morning : 95. Total =166
Diocesan Advent Retreat
Saturday, December 7 from 10. 15 a.m. to 3.30 pm
Lawside Centre, Dundee. Bring a packed lunch. Tea/Coffee provided
To Book: 01382 225453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Today, Sunday November 24
Coffee morning after Mass for Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland
Children’s /Youth Carol
We need the young people of the parish to practise their carol for the Carol Service on Sunday, December 22. The practices will be held each Sunday during Advent, beginning next week. Please hand in your name if you are interested in taking part. Many thanks.
Our Advent/Christmas Timetable
- Sunday December 1 —— 1st Sunday of Advent— Children’s Gift Mass
Gifts will be distributed to needy children in our area in time for Christmas .
- Sunday December 15 —— 3rd Sunday of Advent : Bambinelli Sunday
Bring your figure of the Baby Jesus for a Christmas blessing
Today the Holy Father blesses these figures in St. Peter’s Square.
- Sunday December 22 ——- 4th Sunday of Advent. A Celebration of Christmas 7 pm
- Christmas Eve : Children’s Celebration of Christmas 8 pm.
- Mass of Christmas Midnight : Carols begin at 11.30 pm.
- Christmas Day : Mass of Christmas Morning 11 a.m.
- Sunday December 29 : Feast of the Holy Family. Our Patrons.
- Wednesday January 1 : Mary the Holy Mother of God. Solemnity. Mass at 12 noon.
Prayer of a Saint for a Happy and Blessed Death
“ My Lord and Saviour, support me in that hour in the strong arms of your sacraments, and by the fresh fragrance of your consolations. Let the absolving words be said over me and, and the holy oil sign and seal me, and your own Body be my food and your Blood my sprinkling ; and let my most dear Mother, Mary, breathe on me, and my Holy Angel whisper peace to me, and my glorious, favourite saints smile on me, that in them all and through them all, I may receive the gift of perseverance, and die, as I desire to live, in your Faith, in your Church, in your Service and in your Love. Amen “
St. John Henry Newman